Sunday, November 9, 2014

TINST - 207 Blog Post #6: "What would you not buy online?"



Whether or not I buy something is mostly based on current circumstances. An example would be my videogame buying habits. If it’s a a game I want on release date, I’d prefer to visit my local retailer to ensure I receive the game as soon as possible. Otherwise ordering online would take several days to arrive. If it’s a game than can wait, I’ll order it online.

I’m having some difficulty thinking of items I wouldn’t order online. Visiting any retailer requires I take time out of my schedule to bard the local transit. My experience with the local transit has left me unimpressed, something I’d prefer to avoid altogether. The only kind of items for certain I’d prefer to purchase in person are grocery items, mostly to ensure I receive what I want, and the price of shipping would probably double the total price.

There are many items I would prefer to obtain from online, atleast under my current circumstances. Clothes, books, electronics, computer accessories, school supplies… Items for certain I wouldn’t order online are food and furniture. Prices of shipping would be too much. It also helps to see it in person so you know exactly what you’re receiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment