Wednesday, November 5, 2014

TINST - 207 Blog Post #5: HTML Construction

Working through the HTML page construction assignment felt rather nostalgic for me. It was about five years ago that I first started working with HTML. That was Web Page Design in highschool. We spent the entire course (one semester) working with HTML in basic notepad. Most teachers would have offered advanced notepad software, but manually coding HTML has left it a skill I'll probably never forget. It wasn't until the next semester in Advanced Web Page Design that we used Adobe Dreamweaver that allowed not just HTML, but also CSS. It's leagues more advanced than HTML, but I wouldn't have understood CSS had I not mastered HTML first. The next year I spent another semester helping as a TA to help students create their own webpages. The last time I worked with HTML and webpage design software was in digital media publishing over a year ago, where we used Adobe Dreamweaver and Flash to produce websites.

Webpage design is something I'm certainly interested in, and I'm wanting to advancing my skills to produce higher quality and professional webpages.

No comments:

Post a Comment