Thursday, October 2, 2014

TINST - 207 Blog Post #1: "What do you want out of this class?"



“What do you want out of this class?”

Telecommunications has been a rapidly growing and evolving realm of technology over the past several decades. In my lifetime, I’ve witnessed the evolution of the telephone, with it being a connect device inside your home strictly built for just calling other telephone users. These days, phones don’t just reside within our pockets now, but also reside as a central component in how we communicate. Instead of being restricted to simple phone calls, we now communicate via text messages, connecting to social media servers, or even through live video footage, all wirelessly. It’s been an amazing evolution to witness, and as someone who’s lived in many places, I’m glad I have the technology that allows me to easily stay connected with friends and family.

From this course, I want to explore all the aspects of the internet and networking. This includes how and what data moves between servers and machines, online threats, legal information and copyrights, and much more. I’ve been adamant on taking all the available computer related courses I’ve had available since middle school. I have over two years of web-design experience. I’ve taken numerous courses in computer hardware, such as A+ certification, along with software based courses such as digital media, word processing, and web-page development. From taking this course, I want to extend my knowledge of telecommunications and the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment